Good evening and welcome to err, well a whole evening of Europa League group games on BT Sport for Match Day 4 of this competition. Not very often you get a whole evening of live games these days from just the one channel, let alone the one competition. It is Thursday though and not too many league around Europe and the World will be playing as it’s always been the least day to watch live football.
Anyway, on with the show, three 6pm live kick offs coming up very shortly. Manchester United thumped Fenerbahce a couple of weeks ago, but to be fair they didn’t put up much of a fight away from home. I’m sure it will be different tonight though if the usual hostile crowd are at it out in Istanbul this evening. The lowest rank side in the competition and the doing themselves proud so far is Dundalk, what an away trip for them all the way out to Russia.
On to the 8pm kick offs and even with Southampton’s set back at the weekend at home to Chelsea, they’re going well this season. Frank de Boer was sacked by Inter Milan at the weekend as well so there could be an even more of an opportunity for the Saints to take full advantage.
Thursday 3rd November 2016
- Fenerbahce v Man Utd – Europa League @ 18:00 BT Sport 3
- Zenit St Petersburg v Dundalk – Europa League @ 18:00BT Sport ESPN
- FC Zorya Luhansk v Feyenoord – Europa League @ 18:00 BT Sport Extra 2
- Southampton v Inter Milan – UEFA Europa League @ 20:05 BT Sport 2
- Sparta Prague v Hapoel Be’er Sheva – Europa League @ 20:05 BT Sport 3
- Ajax v Celta Vigo – Europa League @ 20:05 BT Sport ESPN
Onto Friday and there are just a couple of games from around Europe but not too many big games. Brentford vs Fulham might be a good game to watch though, with both teams having a hit or miss season so far in the middle of the Championship table. I will definitely be watching The FA Cup First Round game between Eastleigh and Swindon myself, I love that competition and I’m so glad it’s getting live coverage in the lower rounds now, like it has over the last few years. There should be a few more like that over the rest of the weekend as well.
Friday 4th November 2016
- Brisbane Roar v Melbourne City – A-League @ 08:50 BT Sport 1
- Rennes v FC Metz – Ligue 1 @ 16:00 BT Sport 3
- Hertha Berlin v B Monchengladbach – Bundesliga @ 19:30 BT Sport 3
- KV Kortrijk v Sporting de Charleroi – Jupiler League @ 19:30 Premier Sports
- Brentford v Fulham – Championship @ 19:45 Sky Sports 1
- Partick Thistle v Aberdeen – Scottish Premiership @ 19:45 BT Sport 1
- Montpellier v Marseille – Ligue 1 @ 19:45 BT Sport ESPN
- Malaga v Sporting Gijon – La Liga @ 19:45 Sky Sports 5
- Eastleigh v Swindon Town – FA Cup First Round @ 19:55 BBC Two