How much live football is on this weekend??? Wowsers!! Sack going away for Bank Holiday weekend, why would you anyway? I can’t think of anything worse than being stuck in hours of traffic on the likes of the M62, M6 and M5, let alone the M1 around Sheffield. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with my family but doing it stuck in a car on a motorway in England, no thanks.
Plan your trips wisely and if no sport is involved, just make sure you’re in front of a TV somewhere for some cracking games tomorrow and Sunday. I’m struggling to select games this weekend games, even more so with the opening weekend of the Bundesliga as well. Here goes though:
Saturday 27th August 2016
- Dagenham & Redbridge v Wrexham – National League 12:15pm BT Sport
- Spurs v Liverpool Premier League – 12:30pm Sky Sports
The weekend certainly starts with a cracker. Although, I must mention a crucial game in The Championship tonight, it may not have been a cracker, but how long have Burton Albion been waiting for a league derby against Derby? Well finally tonight they got their wish, even better they won 1-0. Onto tomorrow morning and bring on Spurs’ head to head against Liverpool. Mane is back and I think he is key tomorrow and to Liverpool’s whole season ahead. If he scores I think Liverpool will win, but with both teams scoring, so you’re looking at a 1-2 or 2-3 scoreline in my opinion.
- Bangor City v Bala Town – Welsh Premier League – 17:15pm S4C
- Eibar v Valencia – La Liga 17:15pm Sky Sports
- Osasuna v Real Sociedad – La Liga 17:15pm Sky Sports Red Button
- Hull City v Man Utd – Premier League 17:30pm BT Sport
- Newcastle United v Brighton – Championship 17:30pm Sky Sports
- Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayer Leverkusen – Bundesliga 17:30pm BT Sport
Can Hull City or Man United make it three wins out of three, I’d go for the latter. More importantly can Newcastle now keep their charge going with a fourth straight win in all competitions against the high-flying Brighton once again. Both Madrid teams in action late Saturday night too, definitely worth a couple of quid on both them winning?
- Real Madrid v Celta Vigo – La Liga 19:15pm Sky Sports
- Napoli v AC Milan – Serie A 19:45pm BT Sport
- Leganes v Atletico Madrid – La Liga 21:15pn Sky Sports
Sunday 28th August 2016
Where to start on Sunday, well you have a few early MLS games but then you can either get stated with an Eredivisie game, a U23 Premier League game, or suck it up and watch WBA v Brough. It’s up to you.
- PSV Eindhoven v FC Groningen – Eredivisie 11:30am Sky Sports
- Man Utd U23 v Chelsea – U23 Premier League 2 13:05pm Chelsea TV
- West Brom v Middlesbrough – Premier League 13:30pm Sky Sports
- Bordeaux v Nantes – Ligue 1 14:00pm BT Sport
- Hertha Berlin v SC Freiburg – Bundesliga 14:30pm BT Sportt4
You may well of had too much football by Sunday evening, well at least your wife or partner might of, but if not there is still plenty to choose from. For me, I can easily see a another Man City win, and maybe a Hoffenheim win too, but after that, most of Sunday’s games have draws written all over them in my opinion. Let’s see though.
- Man City v West Ham – Premier League 16:00pm Sky Sports
- St Etienne v Toulouse – Ligue 1 16:00pm BT Sport
- Hoffenheim v Red Bull Leipzig – Bundesliga 16:30pm BT Sport
- Sporting CP v FC Porto – Primeira Liga 18:00pm BT Sport
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona – La Liga 19:15pm Sky Sports
- New York Red Bulls v New England Revolution – MLS 19:30pm Sky Sports
- Cagliari v Roma – Serie A 19:45pm BT Sport
- Monaco v PSG Ligue 1 – 19:45pm BT Sport
- Villarreal v Sevilla – La Liga 21:15pm Sky Sports
If you’re watching any other live football over the weekend on the box, then please do let us know and give us a shout out below: